Research helps us increase our knowledge about human health and wellbeing. This is so we can:
- provide life changing treatments
- diagnose diseases earlier or more accurately
- prevent people from developing conditions
- improve health and care for generations to come
- ensure everyone has a better quality of life.
Overall, the aim is to find out whether what is being tested is better than what is currently available. This can include therapies, medicines and services. Although health professionals already know a great deal, there are still so many questions that need answers. For more information please visit https://bepartofresearch.nihr.ac.uk/